If you’re looking to add some edge and volume to your thick hair, a long shaggy hairstyle might be the perfect choice for you. This type of haircut features long layers and plenty of texture, creating a dynamic and playful look that’s perfect for those who love to experiment with their hair. Long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair are a popular trend that has been around for decades.
This hairstyle is perfect for those who have thick hair and want to add some texture and movement to their locks. The shaggy layers create a messy and effortless look that is both chic and stylish.
Why Choose Long Shaggy Hairstyles?
- One of the great things about long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair is that they are versatile and can be worn in a variety of ways. So, you can wear these long hairstyles straight, wavy, or curly depending on the style you prefer. You can also add some highlights or lowlights to create a more dimensional look.
- If you’ve got hair that is thick You know it can be a challenge to style and manage. Long shaggy hairstyles are perfect for thick hair because they add some dimension to your locks and make them look more manageable. The layers help to reduce the bulkiness of your hair and make it easier to style. Another advantage of long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair is that they require minimal maintenance.
- You don’t need to spend hours blow-drying or styling your hair in the morning. A quick tousle with your fingers is all you need to create a messy and effortless look.
How to Achieve Long Shaggy Hairstyles for Long Hair?
- To achieve a long shaggy hairstyle for thick hair, start by getting a haircut with lots of layers. The layers should be cut in a way that creates a textured and messy look. You can also add some bangs to frame your face and add some extra dimension.
- When styling your long shaggy hair, start by washing and conditioning your hair with products that are designed for thick hair. You can also use a volumizing mousse or spray to add some extra volume and texture to your locks.
- To create a wavy or curly look, use a curling iron or wand to create loose waves or curls. You can also use a straightener to create a sleek and straight look. Finish off your style with a texturizing spray or hairspray to hold your locks in place.
To inspire your next haircut, we’ve gathered some ideas for long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair that will have you feeling confident and stylish:
1. Long Layers with Bangs
One of the most classic long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair is long layers with bangs. This style is perfect for those who want to add some texture and movement to their locks while still keeping a polished and put-together look. Besides, the layers will help to thin out your hair and add volume, while the bangs will frame your face and add a touch of playfulness.
2. Messy Waves Shag Hairstyles
For a more casual and effortless look, consider getting a long shaggy haircut with messy waves. This style is all about embracing your natural texture and creating a tousled, undone look that’s perfect for everyday wear. To achieve this style, use a curling wand or iron to create loose waves throughout your hair, and then use your fingers to tousle and tease the strands for a messy, carefree finish.
3. Sleek and Straight Shaggy Hairstyles
If you prefer a more polished and sophisticated look, a long shaggy haircut with straight strands might be the perfect choice for you. This style features long, sleek layers that add volume and dimension to your hair, while still maintaining a sleek and polished finish. To achieve this look, use a straightening iron or blow dryer to smooth out your hair and create a sleek and straight finish.
A long shaggy hairstyle is a great choice for those with thick hair who are looking to add some edge and volume to their locks. With these ideas and inspiration for long shaggy hairstyles for thick hair, you’re sure to find a style that’s perfect for you and your unique personality. So, whether you prefer a sleek and polished finish or a messy, carefree look, a long shaggy hairstyle is a great way to add some personality and style to your hair.