We have all loved unicorns from childhood days, so you can find a unicorn in many things around you, especially in fashion trends and even in macaroons, and I think using a unicorn on your nails gives you an amazing look worth trying. Unicorn nails are extremely popular because of their magical look. So, you can try creating your own nail designs or pick a simple image to paint on your nails.
So we’ll be your guide step by step for applying this stunning nail art technique using holographic unicorn nail powder, unicorn chrome nail powder, and mermaid nail powder, just check out the nail art tutorials below! Also, you’ll find some wonderful unicorn nail art designs for more inspiration. Let’s get started!
1- Chrome Unicorn Nails
How to do Unicorn nail designs with unicorn chrome mirror powder!
So, for a stunning and easy nail art design to do at home, just follow these 7 steps tutorial to get this amazing unicorn look.
- 1: Apply the gel polish base coat that acts as an adhesive bond between your nail and the polish you’ll apply in the next step, don’t forget to cure for 60 seconds.
- 2: Apply sufficient layers of this amazing polish “Bunks & Bug Juice – Glisten & Glow’s” then let it dry perfectly.
- 3: Clean around the cuticle area using a brush dipped in a polish remover or acetone as illustrated.
- 4: Apply a no-cleanse top coat over your nails on both hands and cure for 60 seconds.
- 5: Apply the chrome mirror powder using a wedge sponge and rub it onto your nails, you can add more powder until you get full coverage on your nails.
- 6: Apply some additional chrome mirror powder using a silicone tip applicator and gently pressure while rubbing for more burnishing, then clean the nail surface using a clean sponge.
- 7: Clean the silicone tip applicator completely then reuse it with gentle pressure over your nail to get the most burnishing as a final step!
2- Chrome Unicorn Mermaid Nails
How to mermaid’s nails then add a magical unicorn effect!
Elegant nail art design uses chrome nail powder and it’s really kind of easy nail art design to do at home by following the simple steps below!
- 1: Prepare your nails for gel polish by filing and buffing.
- 2: Clean your nails using a suitable nail cleanser.
- 3: Apply an even smooth coat of white gel polish then let it dry.
- 4: Apply the pale blue gel polish at the center of your nail as illustrated.
- 5 & 6: Apply the lilac gel polish on both sides of the blue as illustrated then do the same for the pink gel polish, the yellow gel polish, and the white gel polish as illustrated, then DO NOT CURE.
- 7: Now blend diagonally between the color lines, start blending pale blue with lilac then lilac with pink and so on to create a nice rainbow effect then cure for a sufficient time until you get perfect drying.
- 8: Apply a no-cleanse top coat over your nails until you get a glass-like finish then cure for 60 seconds.
Now start the magic steps
- 9: Apply the white chrome unicorn magic powder using a sponge and rub it onto your nails, you can add more powder until you get full powder coverage on your nails.
- 10: Apply some additional white chrome unicorn magic powder using a silicone tip applicator and gently pressure while rubbing until getting a mirror finish, then clean the nail surface using a clean sponge.
- 11: Apply two coats of the no-cleanse top coat over your nails.
- 12 & 13: Apply the nail glue over the top area of your nails, where you will place the crystals then Place the beautiful crystals in an adorable way as illustrated using a crystal katana then cure then clean your nails from any residue using propyl alcohol on a wipe as a final step.
3 – Mermaid Unicorn Nails
How to do unicorn nails with mermaid nail powder!
This time we’ll guide you to get the unicorn to look with the mermaid nail powder and we promise you it’s an easy to nail art design to do at home all you need is to follow this tutorial below!
- 1: Apply the base coat and you can use this opaque gel polish “pastel purple nail polish”, apply two layers if needed then cure for 60 seconds.
- 2: Pick the mermaid powder with your finger and rub it gently on your nail.
- 3 and 4: Keep rubbing and buffing the mermaid powder over your nail until its surface becomes smooth.
- 5: Clean your nails from the excessive powder using a brush.
- 6: Apply the top coat over your nails and cure for 60 seconds.
- 7: As a final step clean your nails from any sticky layers using a gel cleanser on a lint-free wipe. Congrats you got a stylish unicorn to look!
4- Ombré Holographic Unicorn Nails
How to Do Ombre Unicorn Acrylic Nails (Step By-Step Tutorial)
Ombré unicorn nail ideas are so stylish and it is worth trying, so we will be your guide to applying this stunning nail art technique, just check out the tutorial below!
Applying the Ombré Unicorn technique using holographic unicorn nail powder is easy but first, after applying acrylic nails, you should wipe your nails with an alcohol wipe to get rid of any remains from the acrylic then follow these easy steps:
- 1: Apply a lighter base coat over your all nails which, gives your nails a natural look, and for good polish stick to the ombré three colors in the next step.
- 2, 3, and 4: Put the pink, purple, and teal colors onto the sponge in the arrangement shown in the image.
- 5: Start dabbing the three colors on your nails, and when you feel that the intensity of the colors gets lighter then it’s time to add more colors on the sponge and continue dabbing until you finished all your nails.
- 6: Wow you get the gorgeous ombré subtle effect on your nails. Let them dry and then go to the next step.
- 7: Now it’s time to clean around the cuticle area on your nails using a brush dipped in a polish remover or acetone.
Start creating the unicorn horn
- 8 & 9: Using a small nail brush dipped into gel top coat nail polish start creating the unicorn horn look by drawing wavy gel lines from the bottom left corner at the nail tip to the other side of the nail near the cuticle area as illustrated, apply this unicorn horn look to the middle and ring finger in both hands.
- 10: Don’t forget to connect all the wavy gel lines using the small nail art brush dipped in the top coat gel, at the side of the unicorn nails and let them dry.
- 11: Apply a no-cleanse top coat over your unicorn nails in both hands diagonally across the nails and cure for 30 seconds.
- 12: Apply the holographic unicorn nail powder using the sponge and rub it onto your unicorn horn-look nails in both hands.
- 13: Apply again the gel top coat over your unicorn horn-look nails.
- 14: Apply the nail glue over the top area of your ombré nails, where you will place the rhinestones.
- 15: Place the rhinestones in an adorable way as illustrated.
- 16: Apply the top coat over the nails with rhinestones.
5- The Best Unicorn Nail Designs
Now you’re able to do the unicorn nails technique using chrome, holographic, and mermaid powder so it’s time for more inspiration to do your best for getting the most stylish unicorn nails’ look, that you dreamt of, just check out the different unicorn nails design below!
1.5 – Rose Gold Leaf Unicorn Nail Polish Set
I like this nail set, the Mauve-pink taupe color of the unicorn nail on the middle finger, and the adorned pinky nail with crystals are so cute, and definitely, the rest rose gold nails are amazing.
2.5 – Unicorn Holographic Pigment Nail Within Cute Nails Set
Cute stiletto holographic unicorn nails within cute glitter nails and elegant pink nails.
3.5 – Cute Unicorn Chrome Nails Coffin
Amazing unicorn chrome nails set on long coffin nails, I really love those nails.